It’s hard to imagine that anyone who is interested in food would not have heard of the Roux brothers. Their restaurants, synonymous with perfection, are some of the best known premium Michelin-starred restaurants in the UK and include the Waterside Inn, Bray and Le Gavroche, Mayfair.
Sarum Electronics was approached to assist with the design and manufacture of two Sarum Controls to manage the heating and ventilation in the restaurant and kitchen of Le Gavroche. This 2-star restaurant expects nothing less than 5-star service and second to none equipment. So, working with our customer, we designed two bespoke Sarum controllers drawing on the experience we have of specifying heating and ventilation for restaurants. Our recipe produced the perfect ultra-reliable Sarum Control that will manage the heating and ventilation for the restaurant and kitchen.
In the kitchen, Sarum Controls heating and ventilation controllers manage:
- 3 phase supply and extractor fans with high and low automatic settings – required due to the temperature range in the kitchen which would automatically switch the speeds from high to low;
- Second 3 phase extractor fan with remote weatherproof inverter;
- LPHW heater control with frost protection;
- Boiler and pump control interlocked with LPHW – automatically controls the boiler and pump as the demand changes.
In the restaurant, Sarum Controls heating and ventilation controller manages:
- 3 phase supply and extractor fans with high and low set points – high speed during occupied times;
- Control of the restaurant air conditioning unit;
- 3 stage bar area electric heater control;
- Single stage toilet heater with extractor fan;
- LPHW restaurant heater.