The new NoMad London, a luxury boutique hotel once the home of the Bow Street Runners, London’s first professional police force and subsequently Bow Street Magistrates Court, is located in Bow Street WC2 and opened to the public in May 2021.
The 90,000 sq ft Victorian Grade II listed building has been developed into a luxury boutique hotel with 91 rooms, a three-storey atrium restaurant and a ballroom with events space.
Working with NoMad’s contractor and AirCraft Air Handling, Sarum Electronics were asked to produce 8 bespoke AHU controllers for the hotel’s all-important AHUs that would provide full BMS interoperability, needed to ensure well-regulated, clean fresh air is circulated throughout the property.
These bespoke AHUs were designed to deliver filtered, temperature-conditioned air into the building, whilst extracting stale air from the interior, for the hotel’s bedrooms, front of house, atrium restaurant and kitchens.
Sarum subsequently manufactured the AHU controllers and undertook full pre-delivery testing prior to delivery to the site, for installation by the client’s contractor. Final commissioning and testing was undertaken by AirCraft Air Handling technicians, prior to the units being placed into service.
Our AHU control panel solutions for the NoMad hotel consist of:
• NeOSS building management controllers provided with BACnet over IP to the overall BMS system, enabling key parameters such as fan speeds, temperature set points etc. for all the 8 AHU units to be centrally controlled.
• Filter-incorporated ventilation system, ensuring clean air is supplied to the rooms.
• Automatic monitoring when the filters are becoming clogged, allowing the hotel to optimise when to change the filters, therefore saving costs without degrading air quality.
• Fan speed controlled by a NeOSS controller which monitors a pressure transducer to achieve constant duct air pressure.
• Dampers on all supply and exhaust ducts operated automatically by the control panel when air movement is needed, to protect the system.
• LTHW and Chilled Water coils used to condition the air temperature supplied to the hotel.
Set points for these controls can be configured via the NeOSS controller graphics or over the BACnet interface.